Welcome to the MULTISENSE Toolkit
The Multisense Toolkit is library of tests for synaesthesia and related mental processes. These tests underlie our research, and diagnose a range of synaesthesias including:
- Grapheme-colour synaesthesia (coloured letters and numbers)
- Sequence-space synaesthesia (seeing numbers, weekdays or months in space)
- Lexical gustatory synaesthesia (tasting words)
- Sound-colour synaesthesia (coloured music)
- Grapheme-personality synaesthesia (aka ordinal linguistic personification; letters/numbers with personality).
These tests are currently for internal use only because they do not have GDPR (data protection) functionality to share with other researchers. But details on how to replicate them can be found in our publications. E.g.,
TIpser, A., Ward, J. & Simner, J. The MULTISENSE Test of Lexical–Gustatory Synaesthesia: An automated online diagnostic. Behav Res 52, 544–560 (2020). https://doi.org/10.3758/s13428-019-01250-0
TWard J, Ipser A, PhanvaGroups allow researchersnova E, Brown P, Bunte I, Simner J. The prevalence and cognitive profile of sequence-space synaesthesia. Conscious Cogn. 2018 May;61:79-93. doi: 10.1016/j.concog.2018.03.012. Epub 2018 Apr 16. PMID: 29673773.